Oftentimes, patients with complex skin cancers are seen by multiple physicians in different locations. Scheduling difficulties with these physicians could delay start of treatment. To solve this problem, the Skin Multidisciplinary Clinic was formed.
The clinic includes General Dermatology as well as the University of Arizona Cancer Center's Cutaneous Oncology Program (COP) and the Pigmented Lesion Clinic. The Skin Multidisciplinary Clinic is a model for providing comprehensive skin cancer management.
The unique aspects of the Skin Multidisciplinary Clinic are:
- A multidisciplinary team of experts
- Centralized resources for diagnosis, treatment, referral, support and education
- Specialized clinics in the Cutaneous Oncology Clinic focused on melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancers
- Pigmented Lesion Clinic for patients at high risk for skin cancer
- One-on-one patient education for individuals at high risk for skin cancer
- Customized patient care with options in standard therapies and clinical trials
Our experts use a team approach for patient assessment, treatment and management, all occurring in a state-of-the-art facility. Team members work closely with referring physicians to create a plan of care and follow-up for individual patients.
Other skin cancer treatments offered by the dermatology clinic
- Mohs surgery and surgical excisions
- Electrodesiccation and curettage
- Topical treatments (Imiquimod, 5-Fluorouracil, etc.)
- Photodynamic Therapy Treatment (PDT)
- Clara Curiel, MD, Associate Professor of Dermatology, (Program Leader)
- James Sligh, MD, PhD, Division Chief, Dermatology; Associate Director, Skin Cancer Institute
- Audrey Baker, MD, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Lois J. Loescher, PhD, RN, Associate Professor of Nursing
- James A. Warneke, MD, FACS, Associate Professor of Surgery
- Baldassarre Stea, MD, PhD, Professor/Department Head of Radiation Oncology
- Monte Shaheen, MD, Associate Professor, Medicine
- Srinath Sundararajan, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Jason Paul DuPont, MD, FAAD, FACMS, Assistant Professor, Dermatology