Patients with complex skin cancers are usually seen by multiple physicians in different locations. Scheduling difficulties with these physicians could delay the start of treatment. To solve this problem, the Skin Multidisciplinary Clinic was formed at the University of Arizona Cancer Center.
The clinic includes General Dermatology as well as the University of Arizona Cancer Center's Cutaneous Oncology Program (COP). The Skin Multidisciplinary Clinic is a model for providing comprehensive skin cancer management.
The unique aspects of the Skin Multidisciplinary Clinic are:
- A team of experts from all areas of skin cancer related specialties.
- Centralized resources for diagnosis, treatment, referral, support and education.
- Specialized clinics in the Cutaneous Oncology Clinic focused on melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancers.
- One-on-one patient education for individuals at high risk for skin cancer.
- Customized patient care with options in standard therapies and clinical trials.
Our experts use a team approach for patient assessment, treatment and management, all occurring in a state-of-the-art facility. Team members work closely with referring physicians to create a plan of care and follow-up for individual patients.
Other skin cancer treatments offered
- Mohs surgery and surgical excisions
- Electrodesiccation and curettage
- Topical treatments (Imiquimod, 5-Fluorouracil, etc.)
- Photodynamic Therapy Treatment (PDT)
- Total body and/or regional digital photographs (TBDP) available to patients with multiple moles or atypical moles
- Clara Curiel, MD, Associate Professor of Dermatology, (Program Leader)
- Audrey Baker, MD, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Lois J. Loescher, PhD, RN, Associate Professor of Nursing
- Jennifer Erdrich, MD, MPH, MFA, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- James A. Warneke, MD, FACS, Associate Professor of Surgery
- Baldassarre Stea, MD, PhD, Professor/Department Head of Radiation Oncology
- Monte Shaheen, MD, Associate Professor, Medicine
- Jason Paul DuPont, MD, FAAD, FACMS, Assistant Professor, Dermatology