The goal of community outreach for the Skin Cancer Institute is to reduce skin cancer in Arizona by promoting public awareness of the disease. We want to help our community become sun safe! In 2014, the U.S. Surgeon General himself stated the importance of outreach in the fight against skin cancer.
Outreach and Education activities include:
- Hosting educational events open to the community
- Providing educational materials to individuals, schools and other organizations
- Sun-safety training for students, educators and health care professionals
- Program development for organizations whose employees are at high risk for skin cancer
Click the links below to visit our other pages
- Surgeon General's Call to Action to Prevent Skin Cancer
- Events for the community
- How you can help
- "Protect Your Skin" program
- Project SASS (Students are Sun Safe)
- Other resources
- Sunscreen station rental
- Sun Safe Puppet Show
- Educational videos
The Skin Cancer Institute is now a proud partner of the National Environmental Education Foundation's (NEEFUSA) SunWise program!
For more information on SunWise, contact: Sergio Perez - SunWise Program Coordinator Arizona Department of Health Services - Phoenix, AZ Phone: 602-364-3851 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Check your sun safe IQ!